[Samba] Default domain for winbindd?

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Fri Jan 10 16:53:00 GMT 2003

The reason why your line was badly formed was because it sounds like you
used the name of the paramater without specifying any value... so the
badly formed line gets ignored and the default (= no) used instead.
What you were looking for was 'winbind use default domain = yes' ...

That being said, do not use this in 2.x because it was meant for 3.x and
has problems in 2.x releases (
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=103608357527005&w=2 ,
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=103238578221048&w=2 ).  You can
try it, but if you need to use this then you should really be in 3.x.

~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.