[Samba] Linux platform for samba 2.2.7

naugaranch naugaranch at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 12:32:01 GMT 2003

MessageI had problems installing on RH 7.2  Reported back that files (I
later found are parts of CUPS) were missing.  I was able to run Samba 2.2.5
on RH 7.2 (my server is currently running that way).

On the workstation, since I was going to upgrade RH (7.3 and 8.0 seem to be
supported better). I upgraded all the way to RH8.0.  If you're subscribed to
RHN, the updates to the RH 8.0 distribution will take you to Samba 2.2.7.

Tom Winfield