[Samba] Samba/CUPS printing again

Darin Bawden dbawden at teamdme.com
Fri Jan 10 00:42:19 GMT 2003

Hello...again...Y'all are getting sick of me, aren't ya?  ;)
Anyway, I am having quite the dilemna about printing.  I'm using samba
2.2.7a aong with cups-1.1.5.  I know this is an old version of cups, but
this is a production server and I don't want to fool with it yet.  Anyway,
we have 2 printers: HP laser Jet 4 Plus and an Office Jet R80.  each are
running off a jet direct.  One is located in address x.x.x.32, the other in
x.x.x.38.  We can print to the laserjet without a problem.  However, we are
completely unable to print to the office jet.  I can print a test page from
teh CUPS web GUI and from the bash prompt from the server box itself.
However, when anything is sent from windows, it never prints.  There's no
record of it ever reaching the que.  I'm not sure where to look for info.
it's acting like the windows machine are not sending the print files to the
Cups que.  It never hits the page_log as a job.  When I look at the
properties of the printer, the samba printer port is not checked.  When I
check it and hit apply, it tells "Printer settings could not be saved.
Access denied"  My network username is part of the root group, and I've set
the printer admin and domain admin to include it, so I should have the
rights to do whatever I want.

	Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

	as a side not, does anyone happen to have an enumports script that I can
use?  I'm not a script writer, so I would have any idea where to start.

Thanks in advance...again  ;)

 Darin Bawden, Technical Support
Spectrum Software, Inc
(615) 333-1900