[Samba] samba and bin/text modes

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Jan 10 00:38:02 GMT 2003

Are these documents being edited on the samba server or by any unix app?

If not, I do not believe there will be a problem.

If you do edit these documents with a unix app, it might be simpler just to
remove and add the cr's each time a unix apps uses the file. Sed would work.

Joel

Some windows apps seem to handle this situation well, like wordpad. Which
application are you using?
It would be easier to always save the documents in windows text, even when a
linux app using the

Joel