[Samba] Troubleshooting Samba - (2)

John Blue jblue at bestpond.com
Thu Jan 9 23:57:47 GMT 2003

I am running SuSE V8.0, and Samba 2.2.7a on a small
network server.

I have been having problems relating to sorting out printing from an NT4
workstation to a laser printer on the Samba server.

I had to reboot my Windoze PC and am logged in as myself (I have
Administrator rights). I can see the shares by looking for the computer from
Windows explorer using the ip 192.168.0.5 and can proceed to add the printer
unsing the wizard, however it fails on trying to finish the process. I can see
this PC in network neighborhood as "penguin" its name , but get an access
denied.

I did not have this access problem until I had to reboot the windows PC.
I have the following entries in my lmhosts file:
192.168.0.1       p111         #P111 office
192.168.0.2       loft         #Loft pc
192.168.0.5       penguin      #Linux pc
192.168.0.3	      notebook     #notebook

Notebook is not connected, Loft is another linux PC and is accessible without
problem, P111 is the NT PC , and penguin is the problem.