[Samba] Win2k Print Server and Samba PDC problems

Marc Seery seery at csee.wvu.edu
Thu Jan 9 23:32:05 GMT 2003

I recently migrated from an NT4 domain to a Samba domain.  Logins work
fine and authentication to the Windows 2000 Print Server works when you
connect via UNC name, but I can't install a printer from the win2k print
server to use on my profile.  I'm getting the error:

"You do not have sufficient access to your machine to connect to the
selected printer"

Newly created accounts or existing account with deleted and recreated
profiles don't have a problem installing the printers.

Somewhere in the existing/migrated profiles (with the exception of
Domain Admins) sits the problem.  I can't pinpoint it yet though.
Changing UNIX permissions on the profiles seems to have no effect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marc

--