[Samba] Re: (no subject)

Terry Davis tdavis at approbation.org
Thu Jan 9 17:04:14 GMT 2003

it has to be the 'add machine script' option is not being called...

bumped up logging and this is what is happening:

[2003/01/09 10:57:29, 3] smbd/reply.c:smb_create_user(543)
  smb_create_user: Running the command
`/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -m -d /dev/null -g 1000 -s
/bin/false td-home$' gave 6
[2003/01/09 10:57:29, 0]
rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.c:_api_samr_create_user(1929)
  User td-home$ does not exist in system password file (usually
/etc/passwd). Cannot add account without a valid local system user.

samba is calling the 'add user script' option for creating machine
accounts.  does the 'add machine script' option exist in 2.2.7?

any thoughts?

Terry

Terry Davis
http://approbation.org/