[Samba] (no subject)

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Jan 9 01:47:01 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 20:40, Terry Davis wrote:
> I just ran across this myself.  I guess I dont understand why there
> needs to be machine names in /etc/passwd if you are storing everything
> in LDAP.  Am I missing a configuration option here?   Can one of you
> samba geniuses point me in the right direction please?

there don't need to be machine names (or usernames) in /etc/passwd
when using ldapsam...
what does your smb.conf file look like?

i'm using the smbldap tools with no problems
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -n %u

i'm also using an nua backend (this is from samba3)
        passdb backend = ldapsam_nua:ldap://localhost/
        non unix account range = 10000-20000

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>