[Samba] GS PDF creator

Gabe Austin gabe at iolon.com
Thu Jan 9 01:21:02 GMT 2003

This is a snip of my smb.conf file.

This share will create a pdf file and deposit the output in a samba share
for retrieval. It works. On the client side you add a printer pointing to
the smbpdf share and give it a PS printer driver. When you print to this
printer(smbpdf) it creates the pdf file. I'd like to change one thing and
this thing is golden. When printing a file called file.txt the conversion
takes place and when you go to /var/tmp the file is named something like
smbprn.000007.xavd1g.pdf. I'd like the output file to be the same as the
input file is this possible? i.e. file.txt into file.pdf

Thanks for your help.

Gabe

[smbpdf]
        comment = PDF Generator
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = yes
        print command = gs -dNOPAUSE -dbatch -q -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
-sOutputFile=/var/tmp/%s.pdf <%s 1>/dev/null 2>&1; rm -f %s