[Samba] Multiple smbd processes per client

Danny Travis danny.travis at exxonmobil.com
Wed Jan 8 23:55:13 GMT 2003

Is it possible to configure samba to allow more than one smbd process to
be spawned per client? We have an NT server with multiple applications
running. One process is creating and deleting 1000's of files on the
samba share. While it is running, other applications on the NT server
get poor throughput, presumably because they are contending with all of
the read-writes of the other process, since they are using the same smbd
daemon. The other applications are accessing different shares but still
come through the same smbd daemon. Can I make each connection from a
client launch a new smbd daemon, or each separate share connection from
a client launch a different smbd daemon?

Danny Travis
danny.travis at exxonmobil.com