[Samba] Removing requirement for local machine accounts

Dan Peterson danp at danp.net
Wed Jan 8 16:33:01 GMT 2003

Bruno Gimenes Pereti <pereti at ump.edu.br> wrote:
> add user script = sudo /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
> /dev/null -s /bin/false %m$

Unfortunately, this is where the headache comes from. We rsync necessary
password files (both system and samba) to many FreeBSD and Linux machines
every few minutes. These are generated from a PostgreSQL database which we'd
rather not clutter with extra accounts if possible. So, that's why I'd like
each samba instance to just do whatever it needs to do to let machines think
they've joined the domain without caring about system and samba accounts.

--
Dan Peterson <danp at danp.net> http://danp.net