[Samba] Strange Behavior

snowch at care4pcs.com snowch at care4pcs.com
Tue Jan 7 08:53:01 GMT 2003

I have just migrated some users from a NT4 server to a redhat samba server (SME e-smith server 5.5, samba version 2.2.4-3).

One of the users has mentioned that some changes they made to a spreadsheet on Friday have been lost.

The user also mentioned that another user amended the spreadhsheet on Friday also.  What is the most likely explanation for the lost changes?

E.g. 1st user copied file to local drive to amend, 2nd user amended on server. 1st user saved file back to server?

The users are looking to me for an answer, so any feedback/help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris