[Samba] (no subject)

Muhamad Riman muhamad at 212.com
Tue Jan 7 06:03:00 GMT 2003

From: Muhamad Riman <muhamad at 212.com>
Subject: samba join to NT PDC and WINS server
Hi,
I cannot use share in samba server
I Have NT PDC and WINS server,  I already install Red Hat 7.1.
I Would like to Share File from Red Hat 7.1 with NT Client in my network.

I already install samba in red hat 7.1 and configure smb.conf  :

[global]
workgroup = MYdOMAIN (This is my domain NT)
netbios name = samba
security = domain
password server = DOM1 (Netbios name for PDC )
encrypt password = Yes
local master = Yes
wins server = 192.11.11.19 (WINS SERVER in NT)

[share]
path = /data
browseable = Yes
Writeable = yes

I already do : smbpasswd -j MYdomain -r DOM1

if i running nmblookup -u 127.0.0.1 SAMBA
it is show "name_query failed to find name SAMBA"

thank