[Samba] Trouble Printing from Win2K machine to Linux Box running RH8.0

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Jan 7 03:09:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 09:28:42PM -0500, Sean Bossinger wrote:

This is often a driver issue.

You don't say which queue you are directing your windows jobs to. It needs
to be a raw queue, no filter, if you are filtering the job on the windows
client with the Epson supplied drivers.

If you are getting good results printing from linux, that means that the
queue you are using handles postscript files well.

SO, I would direct my windows jobs to the same queue as you direct your
linux jobs, and use the HP laserjet III + as the driver on the windows
client.

Joel