[Samba] Trouble Printing from Win2K machine to Linux Box running RH8.0

Sean Bossinger sbossinger at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 7 02:29:00 GMT 2003

Good evening:

I am running RedHat Linux 8.0 on a box that has my Epson Stylus Color
777 printer attached to it.  The printer works fine from all
applications on my Linux box using a driver I picked up from TurboPrint.

I have downloaded and installed Samba 2.7.2 and am trying to print from
a Windows 2000 box to this Linux machine.  The problem is that when I
print, the document seems to queue up on the windows machine, but
doesn't actually make it to the queue on the linux machine.

Below is my smb.conf file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from main.com (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2003/01/05 16:39:43

# Global parameters
[global]
	netbios name = LINSEAN
	server string = Samba Server
	security = SHARE
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	obey pam restrictions = Yes
	pam password change = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
	unix password sync = Yes
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 0
	dns proxy = No