[Samba] Samba and 2 NICs

Timothy W. Moore twm at tcg-hsv.com
Mon Jan 6 23:12:01 GMT 2003

I have been using Samba for years to access data on my Linux machine.  I
had a new machine built that drives my cluster via a GigE card and I
access the data (for word processing) from a WinXP machine via a 10/100
card.  Samba worked before adding the 2nd NIC.  Is there something
special I should tell Samba via the config file to authorize connections
from XP via the 2nd card?

Basic Configuration: GigE Interface: 192.168.1.200    seawolf (Attached
to GigE Switch/Cluster Nodes Only)
                                    10/100 Intrface 192.168.1.151
godzilla (Attached to 10/100 switch with other windows machines/Print
Server etc.)

The windows XP machine has 2 NICS:    192.168.1.1 (Attached to same
10/100 switch as above)

192.168.1.2 (Attached to yet another 10/100)

Thanks

--
Timothy W. Moore