[Samba] users can't set smbpasswd, root can

Dan Kirkpatrick dkirk at physics.syr.edu
Mon Jan 6 19:10:02 GMT 2003

Perhaps I should downgrade to 2.2.7 (instead of 2.2.7a) to get users able
to set their own passwords?  Or perhaps there's an easier fix of changing
the smbpasswd binary or something.

It won't let user change/set password from a blank OR a "NO PASSWORD"
It will only allow user to make change if they already have a password set.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Kirkpatrick                   dkirk at physics.syr.edu
Computer Systems Manager