[Samba] Simple question - Machine / User relationsip

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Mon Jan 6 17:55:03 GMT 2003

Can someone explain to me the mechanizm that Samba uses to relate
Machines to Users?  I am trying to set up a Samba-LDAP PDC and it seems
to work OK but I get "No mapping between account names and security IDs
was done."   This would seem to be a simple user/group
ownership/permissions thing.  Now I have the following potentially
pertinent ou's:

People
Computers
Groups

One would think that simply adding a group or having People become
members of a group would fix the problem.  What fields should I be
looking at though? Where is this theoretical reltionship stored?

Jim C.