[Samba] mounting smbfs...

mark lists at xinot.net
Mon Jan 6 05:25:01 GMT 2003

On Sunday 05 January 2003 22:18, Torger Åge Sinnes wrote:
> Hi.
>
> mount -t smbfs //<machine_name>/<share> /home/<usr_name>/music
>
> ...only thing is, I have to run the cmd as a regular user. The easiest
> thing would offcourse be to have i run at when booting, but i don't know
> how to do that. Any help to get from you guys? Another possibility would be
> to make the mount-cmd usable by regular users so that they could mount the
> shares themselves, but this also seems quite near impossible to do.

Try sudo.  Put a line into sudoers that allows your users to only use the
command mount -t smbfs //<machine_name>/<share> /home/<usr_name>/music

Or put the command into /etc/rc.conf.local.  Or whatever your
distribution/OS's equivalent of that is

Both of course assume that you do have root privlege on the machine in
question...

mark