[Samba] mounting smbfs...

M. D. Chappell ee0mdc at NSLM.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 02:40:01 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 22:18, Torger Åge Sinnes wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been at it for a solid week now....trying to figure out how to mount a
> smbfs-resource at boot. See i need to do the following;
>
> mount -t smbfs //<machine_name>/<share> /home/<usr_name>/music
>
> So...any tips/idea?

Easy way is to mount it using the fstab (/etc/fstab)

try adding the following line

//<machine_name>/<share>	/home/<usr_name>/music	smbfs	username=****,password=****	0,0

This would auto mount it on boot up, the username and password are
optional, uid (user it's mounted for), gid (group it's mounted for) and
all the other standard mount options are also available.  The users
option would allow users to mount/unmount/remount the share.
Don't worry about the 0,0 means, they're for the dump and fsck commands.

Mark