[Samba] SWAT Question

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Mon Jan 6 01:40:05 GMT 2003

On January 5, sbossinger at earthlink.net said:
> Indeed, Mr. Waide's answer should suffice; however, before you take the
> opportunity of creating that file, you may want to look in /etc/xinetd.d
> to see if there is a file called "swat".  If that file is there, then
> you only need edit that file and change the "disable=yes" to
> "disable=no" and then, as he indicated, restart your smb service.
>
> Sean

better still, use chkconfig:

[root at qaz ~]# chkconfig --list | grep swat
		  swat: off
[root at qaz ~]# chkconfig swat on

Note, this may not work in 7.0; I'm basing this (and the previous
post) on 7.3. The above is certainly the preferred way to
activate/deactivate services in 7.3 and up for which there is already
a file in /etc/xinetd.d

Cheers,
Waider.
--