[Samba] "Only users" seems nonfunctional

Ben Tels bzt at bentels.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 5 12:33:59 GMT 2003

L.S.,

Excerpt from my smb.conf on Samba 2.2.5:

[global]
security = share

[BenD]
public = no
guest ok = no
user = bzt
only user = yes
path = <...>
writeable = yes
browseable = yes
printable = no

Now, according to the manpage for smb.conf, I should only be able to log in
and use service BenD as user bzt. Nevertheless, I can log in as any user as
long as I know the password. Even if I use smbclient and explicitly log in as
a different user, the password is all I need to get in.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

--
Ben Z. Tels
bzt at bentels.dyndns.org
optimusb at stack.nl
http://www.stack.nl/~optimusb/
UIN:2474460

"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle
 forever."
                                        --Tsiolkovsky