[Samba] Samba slow to Windows clients

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 12:40:01 GMT 2003

Answered my own question but am a loss to explain.

It's a cheap (Jetway) Mobo with a built in RealTec Lan card.

All seemed well and was V.quick with Linux clients.

I disabled the onboard LAN and inserted a £5 PCI RealTEc 8139 and it is fine
with Windows as well?

I am pleased that it works but WHY?

Simon