[Samba] Samba in a trusting domain users in a trusted domain?

Murphy, Noah Noah.Murphy at columbiamanagement.com
Fri Jan 3 15:12:00 GMT 2003

We have a Smb server in our domain=DOM1 our domain trusts DOM2 our user base
that was in DOM1 is now in DOM2 but with new logins i.e. DOM1+smithj has
been changed to DOM2+jsmith this as you might see has caused some issues. To
work around this we have made copies of the DOM1 user and changed them to
the DOM2 login and matched their passwords. This has worked but is
cumbersome to say the least. We have winbind in use for group lookup but we
can not get it to find the users in DOM2. So on to my question how do I
place and Auth users from DOM2 to use smb shares on this server.

Noah V. Murphy MCSE
503-973-6691
Noah.Murphy at columbiamanagement.com