[Samba] samba

Owens, Bob bowens at navtech.com
Fri Jan 3 13:43:00 GMT 2003

This is what worked for me with out the computer being a member in my
domain.

create a unix user called pcguest, use strict permissions (the default is
nobody in SAMBA)
create the samba password for pcguest
create a directory public2 on /
$ su pcguest
$ cd /public2
$ exit
# want to make sure that pcguest has access to /public2

[global]
    guest account = pcguest
    map to guest = bad password

[public2]
   comment = Public2
   path = /public2
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes
   create mode = 0777
   directory mode = 0777
   ;guest = ok
   public = yes
   only guest = yes
   create mode = 0777
   directory mode = 0777
   force group = @pcguest
   force user = pcguest
#
# guest = ok gave me an error so I used public
#Have fun - SAMBA rules