[Samba] anti-virus

David Beards d.beards at cfa.vic.gov.au
Fri Jan 3 03:25:17 GMT 2003

Hi Ian,

I see what you're trying to do, and no your correct. I wanted to do a
similar thing such as placing it in to a log on script, however this is
not possible as you can't set up a user from SAMBA to log on as a
service. You would still have to visit every PC to set up the local
security policies, and as long as you're there you may as well do the
SOPHOS install at the same time.

I tried to do a similar thing using Policies to set up a standard
configuration and default SOPHOS settings however it became too messy
due to checksum checks and the inability of the policy editor to set
certain data types that were needed. Oh well, these are some of the
problems we must contend with while trying to appease users, yet stay as
far out of the Microsoft market as we can.

David

P.S. I haven't had a good look at SAV Admin or Enterprise Manager but it
might be possible to use one of these products to do the job for you
from an NT or W2K workstation.

To the list, sorry for going off topic.