[Samba] mksmbpasswd.sh

Nate Grissom ngrissom at netzero.net
Fri Jan 3 02:02:00 GMT 2003

I am in the process of configuring Samba on a Sun box (Solaris Ver. 8). I am using the latest version of Samba (2.22), which I down-loaded from sunfree.com. The problem that I was having is that, when propagate the Unix passwd file to the smbpasswd file, using the following command: cat /etc/passwd | mksmbpasswd.sh > /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd. I discovered the mksmbpasswd.sh script was not include in this distribution. I eventually used WEBMIN to propagate the Unix password file to Samba.

I have followed all of the pointers to this file and used the find command, and still can not locate this file in the current distribution of Samba. Where/how can I obtain only this file.

Thanks,
Nate Grissom
ngrissom at netzero.net