[Samba] what the AD support in 3.0 means?

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bnap.hu
Thu Jan 2 19:32:01 GMT 2003

hi,
what is the following sentence from "WHATS NEW IN Samba 3.0 alpha21" means:
--------------------
Active Directory support. This release is able to join a ADS realm
as a member server and authenticate users using LDAP/kerberos.
what I would like to do is a samba as domain contorller (PDC for win9x
and domain contorller w2k professional sp3) but there is also a few w2k
server. is it possible to use samba with ldap as domain contorller?
(like an AC if I run w2k server? or what kind of features can't be used
when I use samba with ldap as domain contorller?
do I need samba 3.0 or can I do it with 2.2.7?
thank you for your help in advance.
yours.