[Samba] Virus

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Thu Jan 2 09:59:01 GMT 2003

On January 2, taylorbasilio at hotmail.com said:

> Someone (who is on my email address list) said I sent an email with an
> attachment saying something about "Here is a game, I hope you should like
> it."
>
> If you receive any emails from me with an attachment be sure not to open it.
> It's a virus of some sort.
>
> Taylor

While this is off-topic for the samba list, I will just point out that
if you apply ALL patches to Outlook as provided at microsoft's
website, you are far less likely to be susceptible to this sort of
virus. Most of these viruses - specifically Klez, which is probably
the most common - are using bugs in Outlook that were fixed well over
a year ago.

Better to not use Outlook at all, of course.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Failure takes the same amount of time as success" - Dave Couse