[Samba] Samba won't start

Peter Caitens Peter_Caitens at TechnologyOneCorp.com
Thu Jan 2 05:51:01 GMT 2003

I gave up on SWAT when I found Webmin worked pretty much the same.  I cant
remember if I tried the command line to start it or not.  As far as I can
remember I did everything the docs I found said and it still wouldnt run.

I have my Samba configured and runing as a PDC for both Win2K and WinXP
boxes.  All of my configuration was done through straight editing of
smb.conf and using Webmin.  Webmin does a very good job.

Disclaimer:  I am am a linux newbie and still getting used to it.  Once I
got something running I tend not to play with it too much in case it breaks
and I cant get it back :-)

| > |
| > |