[Samba] Tape Drives

Steve Thom samba at steventhom.com
Wed Jan 1 17:54:01 GMT 2003

It might be preferable to back up your workstations to a share on the server (direct to disk), then include that share in your backup.

Most recent versions of Windows have a backup utility included, though not necessarily installed by default. In Windows 98, you neet to add it via Add and Remove programs, windows setup tab. XP Home is purported to have it included on the CD.