[Samba] virus mailing

Jim Morris Jim at Morris-World.com
Wed Jan 1 07:15:01 GMT 2003

I agree with blocking attachments.

The sad fact is that if you just ban a user email address that sent a
virus to the mailing list, you may be banning an innocent person!

I have been seeing a LOT of 'virus removal' messages directed towards
my email address, saying that I sent an infected email to a person I
never even heard of. The sad fact is, many of these Outlook based
viruses forge the sender address using other addresses on the infected
computer.  I have never used Outlook - all my email is read on either
Linux or Mac OS X. I don't even use Windows based email clients - maybe
Mozilla once in a blue moon....  those infected emails came from
someone who may have once received mail from me, who DOES run a virus
engine such as Outlook.....

  --
Jim Morris (Jim at Morris-World.com)