[Samba] Weird..

Thomas Klettke thomas at klettke.us
Fri Feb 28 18:36:24 GMT 2003

To take the machines off the domain yo have to change their network
settings in Windows (My Computer/Properties/Computer Name/Change).Remove
the entry under domain, then add something in workgroup. It doesn't
matter what, because after you rebooted you will add the machine back to
your domain.
Make sure that you delete the old machine account on the Samba server.
userdel win_machine$ where "win_machine" is the machine's current name
should do it. If you are using the LDAP backend, you should use
smbldap-userdel.pl win_machine$ instead.

Reboot the Windows machine, then add it back to your domain. If your
Samba server doesn't create an account automatically, you will have to
create that machine account manually prior to adding the machine to the
domain.