[Samba] Samba locking problem - is this a bug ?

System Administrators At Netclime Inc. admin at netclime.com
Fri Feb 28 14:48:12 GMT 2003

Hi,
I wonder why linux client should request DOS open/deny modes - but OK, I
managed to see that as Kurt says, this depend on the program that opens
the file. Unfortunately for me the daemon we use creates the file with
DENY_FCB. :(

You are right - it seems I missed the configuration directive about this
check, when samba should release the locks. I think Kurt point me to the
correct opitons - keep alive and the socket options. Possibly I'll need
something like keepalive = 10 or something like this. I haven't had time
recently to check this.

For the "share modes = no" - I tried it on 2.2.3a; on 2.2.6 (I think)
and I'm not sure (but I'll try it later for sure) on 2.2.7a - these were
the sources I had so I just compiled them one after another.

Regards
Kosta