[Samba] smbldap-tools badly messed up

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Feb 28 04:26:57 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 21:49, Jim wrote:
> These scripts should function much the same as the binarys shouldn't they?

no they should work they way that the folks at UNAV (who wrote the
tools)
want them too...

> 1. If you add a user, the users group must pre-exist.  No adding users
> and groups simultaneously.
right - see my previous post if you really want the one group per user
stuff.

> 2. If you do add a user the gidNumber is set to the default specified in
> /etc/samba/smbldap_conf.pm NOT the users group as specified on the
> command line with "-g".  This HAS to be a bug.
i don't see that here...
i have two main groups
100 - users
4493 - admin
i just tried this
smbldap-useradd.pl -a -g 4493 testuser
and i see
ldapsearch -x uid=testuser |grep gidNumber
gidNumber: 4493
looks to work fine to me...

> 3. The option to leave profilePath and scriptPath blank does not seem to
> exist despite the fact that samba does not require them and that one
> might want blank as the default for simplicity.
you can leave those both blank if youlike - just
set $_userProfile = ""
and $_userScript = ""
in smbldap_conf.pm
I've never tried this so I'm not sure it works.

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>