[Samba] NT roaming profiles unable to be updated

Greg Hobson greg.hobson at pertech.com.au
Thu Feb 27 07:01:53 GMT 2003

The profiles is located in each users home directory on the Samba Server
in /u02/home/<user_name>

Ntconfig.pol is located in /u02/home/NetLogon

The smb.conf file is:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 10.11.12.31 (10.11.12.31)
# Date: 2003/02/22 11:03:43

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = SWCL
	netbios name = SWCL-SUN
	server string = SWCL Samba Server (Test)
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *successfull*
	unix password sync = Yes
	log file = /tmp/smb.log
	logon script = %U.bat
	domain logons = Yes
	preferred master = Yes
	local master = No
	domain master = Yes
	wins support = Yes

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	browseable = No

[Share]
	comment = TABS Shares
	path = /u02/home/share
	read only = No

[netlogon]
	comment = NetLogon directory
	path = /u02/home/NetLogon
	locking = No

[tabrpt]
	comment = TABS Additional Reports System (TARS)
	path = /u02/home/tabrpt
	valid users = lenita_a hobsong financ_s shirle_o pcadmin
margar_m john_q cassie_a
	write list = lenita_a hobsong financ_s shirle_o margar_m pcadmin
root john_q cassie_a
	read only = No
	create mask = 0774
	directory mask = 0775

[RouteMap]
	comment = SWCL Route Maps
	path = /u02/home/RouteMap
	valid users = lenita_a hobsong pcadmin john_q map_2
	write list = lenita_a hobsong pcadmin root john_q map_2
	create mask = 0774
	directory mask = 0775

[Corporate]
	comment = SWCL Corporate Directory
	path = /u02/home/Corporate
	valid users = lenita_a hobsong pcadmin shirle_o john_q
	write list = lenita_a hobsong pcadmin shirle_o john_q
	create mask = 0775
	directory mask = 0775

[Public]
	comment = SWCL Public Directory
	path = /u02/home/Public
	read only = No
	create mask = 0777
	directory mask = 0777

[WinFlex]
	comment = WinFlex and AESTracs data Backup Directory
	path = /u02/home/WinFlex
	valid users = WinFlex pcupdate pcadmin hobsong
	admin users = WinFlex pcupdate pcadmin hobsong
	read only = No
	create mask = 0777
	directory mask = 0777