[Samba] Short file names

Nick Rosenberg terrafx at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 07:14:38 GMT 2003

I'm experiencing a very weird problem that I have been
unable to solve.  Basically I have a laptop running
RH8 with samba installed.  When I try access a share
from one of my WinXP boxes I get told that the share
doesn't support long file names.

Now if I access my laptop share from an NT or another
Linux box I can use the share with long filenames.
First I thought it was the samba config on the laptop
so I matched it with what I had on the RH7 box - nada.
 Then I tried using latest version of samba - nada.

I assume it will be something with the XP box but what
not sure.  Google hasn't been as friendly as usual so
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick