[Samba] Swat, not there

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Feb 26 17:53:50 GMT 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Kevin C McCarty wrote:

> Morning list,
>
> I asked yesterday if anyone has had an error message stating the "cannot
> open swat, directory is empty"?  All packages are showing installed.
>  Can some please respond?

Ok. Here is a response. We all saw your request yesterday, but put
yourself in our position. How would you answer?

>From your posting it is not at all clear:

1. What is your platform?
2. What version of Samba?
3. Is this from a publicly available binary package?
	- if so, how did you install it?
	- what did you install?
4. Did you build the package yourself?
	- if so, how did you install it?
	- what did you do to enable SWAT?
5. What have you done so far to try to trace the cause of the problem?

When I see a posting like yours my observation is that you have not done
anything to help us to help you. Sorry to be so blunt.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org