[Samba] SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a and missing libncurses.so.4

Simon Hobson shobson-lists at colony.com
Wed Feb 26 17:04:11 GMT 2003

>I've downloaded Samba 2.2.6 (binaries) from SCOs Skunkware site, but
>when I try and run smbclient I get a message :
>
>dynamic linker : smbclient : error opening /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so.4
>Killed
>
>I've checked and there is no libncurses.so.4 (or
>libncurses.<anything> for that matter) on the system. I've also
>failed to find anything relevant in either the list archive or SCOs
>site.
>
>Could someone point me in the direction of the missing file (ie
>where I can get it from), and, is this specific to the OS, or would
>the same library from (for example) a Linux system do ?

It really was as simple as looking in the same place as the Samba VOL
files, as pointed out to me off-list. Dohhh.

ftp://ftp2.caldera.com/pub/skunkware/osr5/vols/ncurses-4.2-VOLS.tar

Simon

--
Simon Hobson, Technical Services Engineer
Colony Gift Corporation Limited

Registered in England No. 1499611
Regd. Office : 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA.