[Samba] SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a and missing libncurses.so.4

Simon Hobson shobson-lists at colony.com
Wed Feb 26 15:54:59 GMT 2003

I've downloaded Samba 2.2.6 (binaries) from SCOs Skunkware site, but
when I try and run smbclient I get a message :

dynamic linker : smbclient : error opening /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so.4
Killed

I've checked and there is no libncurses.so.4 (or
libncurses.<anything> for that matter) on the system. I've also
failed to find anything relevant in either the list archive or SCOs
site.

Could someone point me in the direction of the missing file (ie where
I can get it from), and, is this specific to the OS, or would the
same library from (for example) a Linux system do ?

Simon

--
Simon Hobson, Technical Services Engineer
Colony Gift Corporation Limited

Registered in England No. 1499611
Regd. Office : 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA.