[Samba] 2.2.7a logon script will not run

Bob Boehmer bob.boehmer at verizon.net
Wed Feb 26 15:33:39 GMT 2003

I am currently seeing similar behavior on Windows XP where my own logon
script does not execute but everybody else's does. This seems to have been
caused by changing the Samba server's hostname (in the Windows hosts file)
after setting up my PC. I know that if I set my PC's hosts file back to the
original name that my logon script will run again.

So far I have been unable to find out why exactly this is causing the
problem. If I logon as a new user on my PC then the appropriate logon script
runs regardless of what hostname I have defined for the server (although I
am guessing that if I changed the hostname after the first logon of a new
user that the same problem would occur for that user the next time they
logged in).

I am guessing that it has to do with the registry LOGONSERVER value not
resolving to a valid network name, but where LOGONSERVER is getting set to
the old name is not clear to me.

Bob Boehmer