[Samba] Log Files

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Feb 26 14:48:57 GMT 2003

Hi there,

We have Samba running on an HP-UX 11.00 machine, and I am getting ready to
make
the home directories available for mapping to our users running Windows
2000.
Prior to that I am running a check of the log files and I noticed a large
amount of systems, ie: workstations, printers, that appear to be attempting
to log onto the system and failing. I'm not sure why this is occurring and I

wanted to know if anyone has had a similar situation. If so, could you
enlighten
me on what is going on and why. Thanks.