[Samba] Samba LDAP PDC change password

Zied Fakhfakh zied at linux.com.tn
Wed Feb 26 12:08:06 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm running Samba 2.2.7a on RedHat8.0 with LDAP (latest RPM from redhat)

Well I configured samba to act as a PDC with LDAP following IDEALX
recommandations.

Everything works fine BUT the password change, I cannot change the passwords
from the Win2000 or WinXP WS, it always says that the password or username
doesn't match ....
Of course it matches, I tried too many things to get it working ... in vain
- I tried to play on password chats (smb.conf)
- I used smbldap-passwd (from idealx), ldapsync, ldappasswd : it always give
the same result
- the LDAP ACLs too I even put "access to * by * write" (just for test)

someone can help ? please ?

PS : if the logs are needed I'll mail'em

--
Zied Fakhfakh
BDM - Opennet Software