[Samba] 2.2.7a logon script will not run

Florian Stahl florian at xantury.com
Wed Feb 26 10:59:01 GMT 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Kurt Weiss wrote:

> > Afterwords, I booted my W2K client machine and logged on to the domain.  The
> > logon script doesn't run, but otherwise everything is fine.  From the
> > client, I can map drives manually, access files, etc. all without errors.
> > It authenticates the user name and password throught the pdc and there
> > aren't any error messages at all either in the server logs or the client
> > event viewer.  I put everything back w/ 'make revert' and all runs fine
>
> can u look, if the logon.bat starts in upgraded version?
> cdrom on z:? maybe u have to use logon drive = ?
>
> > Maybe one of these evenings I'll try again w/ log level 10 and try to
> > diagnose w/ that.
>
> please send it...

here is one tiny windows users mind suggestion:

check if the users logging in has Unix EXECUTE privileges (
chmod rwxrwxrwx) for the logon script
as well as openfolder Privileges (chmod rwxr-xr-x) to be able to run the
script.

secondly, our clients run a user based login script USERNAME.cmd, as you
can see here, its the *.cmd extension for W2K that works here.

kind regardes

florian
(fstahl at xantury.com)