[Samba] Samba on Novell 5

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 26 07:58:58 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 02:13, Joy Morris wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Once I have set up my Linux samba servers I would like to be able to get
> users to access our Novell 5 server via samba.
>
> It seems to suggest on the Samba site that Samba will run on a Novell server
> but does anybody know how to do this?

A long time ago, Samba was ported as a Novell kernel module.  This is
still available on the samba website, but is probably for a much earlier
version of Novell, and was a 1.9 version of Samba.

Novell has their own SMB server, 'native windows file access' (or
something like that), but if your client is linux, then just look into
the novell ncp clients.  (which are not related to samba).

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net