[Samba] Limiting File Name Length

shitface at ihug.co.nz shitface at ihug.co.nz
Tue Feb 25 23:31:04 GMT 2003

Morning all

I have a question that i was not able to find the answer in the docs or email lists
I am using samba 2.2.7a and Netatalk 1.55 i have them shareing the same dirs so
that both pc and mac can see the files.
Pcs can see all the files, the Macs can only see the files where the file name
is  less 32 char long.
Mac Os 9
Pc win98, 2k, XP

I wanted to know if its posible to limit the length of the file name on the
samba server side so that the pc users get an error when the names longer than
32 char and so i dont have to write a cron script to check and change the names
if they are

Thanks for you time
Andrew Davies