[Samba] (fwd) FW: Starting a process from a windows client

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Feb 25 20:50:21 GMT 2003

A simple way would be this:
Create a share called Process. This would correspond to a directory on
the server called Process. Into the directory put the names of processes you
would like to run, Process1, Process2, etc.
Create a subdirectory called Run beneath Process. On the samba server, have
a daemon running which watches for files in Run. When a file is found, the
daemon will invoke the process based on the file name, then remove the
process.
Sounds simple, anyway. Security and permissions will of course be a
headache.
Joel