[Samba] Re: Need solution to Printers window access denied, unable toconnect message.

maraqas maraqas at libero.it
Tue Feb 25 18:25:29 GMT 2003

Hi Ronnie,
    if your printer do work, this message is useless for you, trash it.
 I cannot confirm Tim's hypothesis, but i can say i presently have
the same problem as you: in the printers folder there's that red message
alerting me. My PC is running Win2K pro.
 I did not mind it, right-clicked on the printer's icon
(my specific case is: lpq at router.x.y) and chose 'connect...'
After a few seconds win2k told me there was no driver on the
linux box suitable for win2k itself, so i had to choose one from a list
that popped up automatically in that moment.
After installing the right driver (for me it was Epson stylus color 600)
the printer works perfectly. But the red message DOES NOT DISAPPEAR!

Sorry, can't say why this message stays still, can tell you the printer
works.

bye
maq