[Samba] 2.2.7a logon script will not run

Rich Forman rforman at grayassociates.net
Tue Feb 25 18:25:04 GMT 2003

> >>have u checked, if the directory /usr/local/samba/netlogon
> >>has the 'x'
> >>(1) flag set in all hierachies.
> >>i had the same problema (as i posted before a view month's) -
> >>and that
> >>was the solution.
> >

> > The permissions on /usr/local/samba/netlogon/* are 777.
>
> sorry, -  i did read your first mail again. seeme i was sleeping
> yesterday - u told, that u have access...
>
> u did upgrade? - maybe, the machine account went away?
> did u try to re-join a machine to the domain?

Yes, I did upgrade w/ the tar file doing:

./configure
make
make install

Afterwords, I booted my W2K client machine and logged on to the domain.  The
logon script doesn't run, but otherwise everything is fine.  From the
client, I can map drives manually, access files, etc. all without errors.
It authenticates the user name and password throught the pdc and there
aren't any error messages at all either in the server logs or the client
event viewer.  I put everything back w/ 'make revert' and all runs fine
again w/ 2.2.3, including the logon script.  I saw some previous posts on
this subject, but the problem seemed to be using a %u variable in the name
of the script.  That isn't the case w/ me, the file is just logon.bat for
everybody.

Maybe one of these evenings I'll try again w/ log level 10 and try to
diagnose w/ that.