[Samba] user list

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Feb 25 17:55:25 GMT 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, [ISO-8859-2] Máté Zoltán wrote:

> hello!
>
> windows 95/98 client can't get domain user list from samba 2.2.7a
> i would need it, because I dont want to allow some domain users accesing
> a shared directory on windows 98
>
> this is a feature or bug?

Most likely a bug in your configuration since it works fine for me.

In your network configuration have you:

1. Installed the "Client for Microsoft Networks"?
2. Configured it to: "Log onto a Windows NT Domain"?
3. Entered the correct domain name for 2. above?
4. Set the workgroup to the same as your domain name?
5. In the "Access Control" tab have you set it to use "User Level Access
Control" and set the "Obtain lsit of users from" to the name of your
domain?

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra